Optimizing 5G Mobile Radio-Wave Usage
Anritsu Corporation is pleased to announce the late-January start of sales of its new RF Regulatory Test System ME7803NR solution for regulatory compliance testing of 5G communications systems.
The newly developed RF Regulatory Test System ME7803NR uses the Radio Communication Test Station MT8000A as a simulated 5G NR base station in combination with a spectrum analyzer and signal generator to implement ARIB/ETSI/FCC-compliant FR1 RF tests. In addition, the measurement efficiency and quality of 5G terminals are assured by the easy-to-operate GUI and built-in calibration function for improved reliability. It is a platform that can perform spurious tests and interference tests, which are difficult for customers to build their own test environment.
The ME7803NR makes it easy to evaluate whether the RF performance of 5G terminals meets regulatory requirements as well as simplifies evaluation of whether radio-waves are being used efficiently or not, helping 5G market penetration.
Anritsu expects its new ME7803NR to play an important role in deploying commercial 5G mobile network services by facilitating the spread of 5G terminals.
The RF Regulatory Test System ME7803NR supports FR1 RF regulatory compliance tests of 5G NR terminals. It is used with the Radio Communication Test Station MT8000A simulating a 5G NR base station, the Radio Communication Analyzer MT8821C operating as an LTE Anchor, and with various other test equipment and dedicated software to implement required 5G RF Regulatory (ARIB/ETSI/FCC) Conducted tests using 5G NR Non-Standalone (NSA) mode call connections.
- Supports World Regional Frequency Bands
- Certified North-American, European, and Asian bands as well as other future regional bands to be deployed (5G NR Bands and 5G NSA mode LTE Bands for LTE Anchor) are supported.
- Maximizes Value of Customers’ Prior Equipment Investment
- Customers can configure the ME7803NR test system by adding their own Anritsu standalone test equipment, such as the MT8000A, MT8821C, MS2840A/MS2850A, MG3710E, MG3694C, etc., to minimize additional required hardware purchases.
- Common Regulatory Tests
- The MT8000A and MT8821C used by the ME7803NR can share SAR/OTA/EMC tests.
- Calibration Function for Better Reliability
- The built-in calibration function for use when changing the connection configuration improves measurement stability and measured value reliability.
Anritsu Company is the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 120 years. Anritsu’s “2020 VISION” philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital solutions for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications, as well as multidimensional service assurance solutions for network monitoring and optimization. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems. The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets. With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 4,000 employees in over 90 countries. For more information, visit www.anritsu.com