- Completes Ranatec filter portfolio of shielded feed-through filters for shielded RF enclosures.
Ranatec, a part of the Qamcom Technology AB group and supplier of specialized test and measurement equipment for RF and microwave applications, today announced it has finalized verification and production of the Ranatec RI 4193 HDMI shielded feedthrough filter. Ranatec’s newest product completes its range of specialized shielded filters. The company has confirmed its first customer order.
With HDMI used widely for transferring large amounts of data, the new RI 4193 filter from the Swedish provider of test and measurement tools is deemed highly attractive for test houses and manufacturers running verification processes of wireless products for the telecom, consumer, MedTech and automotive markets.
Feedthrough filters can be used for all types of applications where signals need to be fed through a shielded wall. The new panel-mountable shielded HDMI feedthrough filter provides conformance testers with highly desirable 70 dB filter suppression, from 1.8 GHz to 40 GHz.
– “Customer demand has been the primary incentive for the new HDMI tool”, confirms Magnus Killian, CEO, Ranatec. “Ranatec is widely accredited for providing a wide range of best-of-breed LAN and USB-filters and today Ranatec’s comprehensive portfolio of filters is already used by the leading device manufacturers on the market. We are pleased to announce that our new shielded HDMI filter closes the small gap in our customer offering.”
5G, and generally increased data rates, requires filters for higher bandwidth. HDMI filters manage 4K resolution and data rates of 12 Gbps. Ranatec offers a variety of shielded LAN, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and HDMI feedthrough filters with strong filter suppression performance over all mobile frequency bands.
“Experts at Ranatec are working closely with leading global wireless device vendors and accredited test houses to develop benchmark tools that help our customers meet the evolving demands of testing environments and deliver benchmark services and products,” adds Killian.
The RI 4193 HDMI Shielded Feedthru Filter has been developed for formal conformance testing performed by accredited test houses and internal verification by wireless device vendors.
- Compatible with HDMI 1.4b
- Semlessly manages 4K resolution (3840 x 2160)
- Panel mountable
- High performance feedthrough filter for all types of applications where HDMI signals need to be fed through a shielded wall. Strong filter suppression performance over all mobile frequency bands.
- Application: Designed to fit in Ranatec’s RI 180 series shield boxes. Can also be used separately.
- Electrical interfaces: Physical connectors are located at each end. The filter is reciprocal, meaning mounting direction can be either direction.
- Mechanical interfaces: Prepared for panel mounting with two threaded M3 screw holes on the front. Delivered with an EMC shielding gasket for simple and reliable mounting.