Expanding its cable certification and testing portfolio, Softing now provides fiber optic installers with a fast, flexible and cost-effective device for Tier 1 fiber optic certification.
Softing Inc., an industry leader in industrial communications technology, has released its FiberXpert 700 Quad Multimode (MM) and Singlemode (SM) Testing Kit, which performs Tier 1 certifications for MM and SM fiber optic links and then prints official test reports directly from the PC software.
The FiberXpert 700 device features automatic wavelength detection and data storage, ensuring that it completes tests quickly and eliminates operator error risks. It also stores measurement results directly in its internal memory — up to 10,000 measurements. In addition, the kit is simple to operate and includes many user-friendly features, including a link wizard that facilitates the setup process. The FiberXpert 700 unit displays PASS/FAIL results directly on its high-resolution color LCD screen and comes with a rechargeable lithium polymer battery that enables up to 50 hours of operating time. Applications for this kit include complete Tier 1 fiber optic link measurements, optical loss or power measurements, continuity testing and more.
Other notable features of the FiberXpert 700 kit include the following:
- Indium gallium arsenide (InGaAs) detector type.
- Calibrated wavelengths: 850, 980, 1300, 1310, 1490, 1550 and 1625.
- Measurement range: +5 to -70 decibel-milliwatts.
- Accuracy: ±0.15 decibels.
- Detector connector type: 2.5 millimeter / 1.25 millimeter universal.
- Data storage: up to 10,000 data points.
- Modes of operation: CERT, LOSS and OPM.
- Operating temperature: -10 to 55°C.
- Dimensions and weight: 72.9 x 112.3 x 31.8 millimeters and 12 ounces.
For more information, visit https://itnetworks.softing.com/us.