Testing Machines Inc. (TMI), an Industrial Physics company, is proud to announce the release of a new, greatly improved coefficient of friction tester. The all-new Model 32-76 uses advanced digital force signaling and high speed data acquisition software to provide unmatched precision and repeatability. The new tester measures both static and kinetic coefficients of friction using the horizontal plane method. The tester includes a 7” color touchscreen display and an intuitive software user interface for easy navigation and test method storage.
Testing coefficient of friction and slip properties aids in the evaluation of chemicals and additives used to create, monitor or minimize the degree of friction between two contacting test specimens or surfaces. Applications include a broad range of printed, coated or treated surfaces, such as paper, packaging films, labels, and corrugated or non-woven materials.
Load cells on the Model 32-76 are interchangeable and include: 5N, 10N, 20N, 50N, and 100N; Speeds range from 5 to 43 cm per minute (2 to 17 inches per minute). Other features of the new Model 32-76 Coefficient of Friction tester include:
- Test method storage allows saving setup specifications to ensure proper settings
- High speed data collection captures 500 readings during the static phase
- Directly interfaces with GraphMaster for data collection and curve analysis
- New magnetic sled eliminates taping sample to sled to reduce testing time (optional)
- Test screen displays static and kinetic individual results and statistics on one screen, improving testing efficiency